Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have full coverage in my All State car insurance. When i had stone chips on windshield, I never had to pay a deductible replaced new windshield
Windshield is normally a separate item that doesn’t require a deductible. If you have a deductible, it will most likely apply for the condenser. In my case, with a $1k deductible, it wouldn’t make sense to get insurance involved.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Windshield is normally a separate item that doesn’t require a deductible. If you have a deductible, it will most likely apply for the condenser. In my case, with a $1k deductible, it wouldn’t make sense to get insurance involved.
Windshield damage is covered under comprehensive coverage as well as a multitude of non-collision damages. Some of these under comp coverage are glass breakage, falling/flying objects, theft, vandalism, water damage if is found to be a sudden cause (water leaks found to have been going on over a period of time is not a sudden loss), damages caused by animals, hail, ice, etc. I know, having worked, as an adjuster for Allstate for just over 20 years, with Allstate policies, you can stipulate what deductibles you wish to have on collision and comprehensive separate from each other. The more deductible you agree to pay, per claim, the less your premiums are for that particular coverage.

·
Registered
418 Posts
If you get your windshield replaced, you have to remember that the Honda Sensing camera has to be reprogrammed/Re-calibrated (which is covered by insurance in some instances as I was told by dealership where I bought it). The dealership tried to sell me a reprogramming service for $500 (normally $2000 according to them). I declined because if I had issues with my windshield, I would just go through my insurance.

·
Registered
2019 Touring CosBlu
159 Posts
I also discovered a chip in our windshield that on the right side obscured by the rear view mirror and all. I called and checked that my comprehensive coverage has a $500 deductible still on glass - my glass shop said just leave it rather than try to seal the chip and risk making it worse (50/50 chance). So we'll keep an eye on it to see if it grows - the glass tech thought it might just stay that way. That'll buy time for savings from the $500 deductible policy to self-fund a replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts