Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
Sharing a video that shows the calibration steps for ADAS (advanced driver assistance systems) on a 2019 Insight EX. It's posted by a windshield repair company in the Oakland, CA, area, and the calibration is being done due to windshield replacement.

·
Registered
223 Posts
After a year, we replaced the windshield yesterday. $549 with tax. No calibration. The replacement glass was a FuYao just like the OEM.

I drove it around today. Lane keeping and lane departure still worked. The one thing I question is why there is a break in the seal/moulding near the top corners? I'm not sure if the OEM install had the break.

Here are some pics.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just checked the windshield moldings on my 2019 EX and there is a slight gap on each side. Based on your photo, it looks to me that the glass installer(s) just didn't place the right and left side moldings closer to the top section to close the gap more! In all likelihood, this should not cause a leak problem because the windshield is installed with urethane adhesives and the moldings are just pressed down in the gap to make contact with the urethane. I would suggest you check your floorboard carpet after some lengthy or heavy rains to make sure there are no water leaks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yes, there is a seam. If you look, there is a very thin dark black line where the factory has fitted the vertical molding tightly up against the end of the top corner piece. The photo that @Andrew has shared is the way my car also looks. The glass installer just did not do a real good job of fitting the molding right next to the corner piece

81 - 88 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.