Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Touring CosBlu
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two related notes - while on vacation this holiday, happened to pop into a 2021 Honda Civic rental. When we got in and switched on accessory to get setup, it appeared to provide CarPlay support wirelessly. We wound up not needing the rental, so I didn't get to test extensively.

That leads to this other story about the 2022 Civic. Review: 2022 Honda Civic Adds Available Wireless CarPlay . It seems the Touring trim supports wireless CarPlay. In the details of this article, it also relates that navigational cues are passed along to the driver's informational display (not just those from Android Auto and built-in nav). I would really appreciate this in my next Honda, along with not needing to plug in my phone every time. I'd give up built-in nav if this option was available.

(And check out in the photos in the article - digital speedometer in MPH!)

Reactions: jensight

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,113 Posts
The 2021 Civic still uses the old infotainment unit that came out in 2016. While the 2022 Civic (11th gen) does get Wireless CarPlay on the Touring trim. Android Automotive OS is coming second half of 2022 with a new Honda model. So no more need for Android Auto or CarPlay when the car can run the popular nav and music apps directly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts