Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
QI Wireless Charger

Does anyone know where to buy wireless charger pad OEM of course and instructions to install

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,326 Posts
Does anyone know where to buy wireless charger pad OEM of course and instructions to install
Unlike the Civic, the Insight doesn't appear to have a wireless charger pad option available from Honda.

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
As mentioned, the "build your Insight" from Honda doesn't list a wireless charger pad as an option for any trim level. If you're technically inclined, there is a QI OEM kit sold for the Civic and a QI OEM kit sold for the Accord which you could explore. The College Hills site (in links) also includes installation instructions, which provide a sense of scope. However the dash set-up for both the current Civic and Accord are pretty different from the Insight, so you'd probably want to measure/compare before purchasing a kit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've seen that it has been discussed that no OEM wireless chargers for the Insight exist from Honda, but has anyone found an after market Qi wireless charger for the Insight? Or has anyone found a thin rectangular charger pad that would fit well in the phone compartment next to the transmission buttons?

Looking for any ideas!

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've seen that it has been discussed that no OEM wireless chargers for the Insight exist from Honda, but has anyone found an after market Qi wireless charger for the Insight? Or has anyone found a thin rectangular charger pad that would fit well in the phone compartment next to the transmission buttons?

Looking for any ideas!
Cheap but works. The design is the reason I bought it, it brings the phone to an angle and fits the tray and leaves an edge on the sides to hold the phone. I have a Pixel 3 but it is actually a better fit for my old Pixel XL, too bad no wireless charging on that.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
Cheap but works. The design is the reason I bought it, it brings the phone to an angle and fits the tray and leaves an edge on the sides to hold the phone. I have a Pixel 3 but it is actually a better fit for my old Pixel XL, too bad no wireless charging on that.
I like the angled approach of the charger you found; looks like it's easier to see the screen and reach buttons on the phone, as opposed to laying flat. If this 3D Printer custom mount stand could be electrified, it would be my ideal combo. I like how the stand leaves the area behind the phone open to hold a few other items as needed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I got this from Best Buy recently.. forgot the brand but it was about $40.. came with dash mount, vent, and windshield mount.. I opted to use the vent mount because we still have hot days in SoCal now and the vent provides for cooling to my phone when it’s exposed to the sunlight.

In addition to the wireless charging, I use my lightning cable to charge it ( in hopes “double charging” will speed up the process).

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts