Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

Worst luck 19 insight

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  matttelz 
#1 ·
Love my insight a lot but I think me and her have some bad luck together.

Jan 2020
Raccoon ran out on the highway and i hit it going 70 caused 5000 in damages

End of June 2020
I was going under a bridge and part of the bridge road fell and busted in front of my car caused 2700 in damages

July 2020
Just get my car back and a week later a deer rans into my car caused 7500 in damages.

Luckily no one was hurt during all 3 times sadly the Raccoon and Deer did not make it tho.

See less See more
#7 ·
I think rate impact from comprehensive claims varies by insurance carrier, and depending on number of incidents.

Progressive's site says "we won’t charge you for comprehensive claims under $500 unless it happens multiple times." And an older NBC News article mentioned the average/typical rate increase is 2% if/when it occurs, while an article by the Balance mentioned $500 rate increase for multiple comprehensive claims.

Since insurance rates are based on managing cost/risk, was wondering how OP fared in this given 3 claims in 2020 (so far?).

#8 ·
You are correct! The insurance carrier I worked for considered comprehensive claims as a non-chargeable offense/loss and did not consider rate increases on the comprehensive portion of your policy. It became an issue when a policy began to have multiple comp claims of a similar nature in over a certain period of time. One example is if a person has multiple vandalism/theft claims. We had to look into whether the person lives in a high-crime area and/or if there was a loan history problem on the current vehicle. I had number of bad loan history claims I inspected over the years. Owners setting fires to their car or filing false vandalism/theft claims, such as reporting sets of high dollar wheels and tires stolen when they simply took them off and hid them. These types of claims generally occur during holiday seasons when cash is needed to purchase gifts, etc. A claim rep and a damage adjuster generally don't settle these types of claims very quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.