Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Hybrid CRV comes out in a few days. How many have it on their radar to trade for their current Insight?

I am curious and open to it...hubs might be a different story...I bought my Insight July of 2018. I wanted the HRV but it didn’t have Honda sensing at the time and the power was not much more then the 2015 FIT I was driving at the time.

·
Super Moderator
2,334 Posts
The Insight is perfect for me currently but I'm eager to read the reviews on the CRV Hybrid. :) It's a CRV powered by the Accord Hybrid's powertrain along with AWD. You won't get the Insight's higher fuel economy, newer infotainment system, newer steering wheel, and the LED headlights might be exclusive to the Touring trim with the CRV Hybrid.

·
Super Moderator
2,334 Posts
Didn't see this until now...
  • 2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid begins arriving at dealerships on March 1.
  • The new CR-V Hybrid comes standard with Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System.
  • The CR-V Hybrid also comes with additional standard features that include LED headlights, Smart Entry and Push button Start, and a cargo cover.
  • The two-motor hybrid system under the hood of the 2020 CR-V Hybrid is similar to the one used in the Honda Accord Hybrid with additional advancements to the hybrid battery’s operating range, enabling more time in EV mode than previous Honda hybrids.

EPA Mileage Rating for regular CRV
City/Hwy/Combined
27/32/29
+13mpg/+3mpg/+9mpg for CRV Hybrid vs regular CRV

Looks like if you drive highway the CRV Hybrid is a dud fuel economy wise. 😕

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will need to test drive to see. Too many options. I don’t need AWD. So non hybrid is an option. I don’t drive as much now....only have 16k miles on the car and that was with two trips of about 1k miles each.

·
Super Moderator
2,334 Posts
I will need to test drive to see. Too many options. I don’t need AWD. So non hybrid is an option. I don’t drive as much now....only have 16k miles on the car and that was with two trips of about 1k miles each.
Post an update here after you do the test drive. I'm interested in what you think of the CRV Hybrid compare to the Insight. :D

·
Super Moderator
3,315 Posts
The Hybrid CRV comes out in a few days. How many have it on their radar to trade for their current Insight?
I tend to "buy and hold" cars, so I'm in the Insight for the longhaul. There are a few folks who mentioned interest in our 2020 CR-V Hybrid thread, including @tightywhitey and @Diversion.

The standard AWD on the CR-V hybrid is a mpg-killer. The extra weight does the car no favors at higher speeds. Even the Prius AWD version gets 59 city / 48 highway, while the base versions get 58 mpg city / 53 mpg highway. Not sure why Honda chose to make AWD standard on the CR-V hybrid, rather than as an available option.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It’s quite a mpg loss too. 50 vs 38. Hubs drives a Rogue and as a CUV, I’m not impressed with how it feels which is my bigger worry. I don’t drive enough to quibble over 12 mpg which leaves me to consider trading for a non hybrid FWD but that is only 27 mpg which seems way too little. And I like the blind spot and cross traffic notification that the Insight doesn’t have now.

·
Super Moderator
2,334 Posts
It’s quite a mpg loss too. 50 vs 38. Hubs drives a Rogue and as a CUV, I’m not impressed with how it feels which is my bigger worry. I don’t drive enough to quibble over 12 mpg which leaves me to consider trading for a non hybrid FWD but that is only 27 mpg which seems way too little. And I like the blind spot and cross traffic notification that the Insight doesn’t have now.
What about the KIA Seltos? I think it's similar in size to the HRV and the fuel economy isn't bad.

FWD vs AWD w/Turbo
Screenshot_2020-02-29 Compare Side-by-Side(1).png

1 - 9 of 9 Posts