Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I started parking my Insight in my driveway (couple months ago), I get in my car in the morning to drive to work and there are stands of spider webs throughout the car. I know our 2019 Insights are high tech, with lots of Apple car play and Android auto integration, but I wasn't expecting this type of "web" access in my new Insight. Has anyone else experienced this type of invasion of insects in their Insight? :surprise: Time to break out the Ortho bug spray. Maybe it will be less caustic than the Scotchguard I sprayed on my arm rests. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
I had spider(s) that would create single strand webs in my older Honda; but once the culprit was found the webs were no more. I haven't seen any webs on the interior of my Insight since buying and using the same parking location. Maybe try giving the car a good vacuuming to try to find/eliminate the perpetrator?

·
Super Moderator
2,349 Posts
My nightmare is finding a rodent making a nest in my car rather than some spiders. :( I try my best to avoid having bugs hitch a ride inside my car by having my windows close and using the AC/Fan instead. I can't really do much about the exterior but a quick drive through the tunnel wash clears them right off. Before you start using bug spray, make sure it doesn't ruin the paint, or plastic on the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts