Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Administrator
4,254 Posts
It's ~24 hours since recall was completed, and I decided to re-check VIN status. It still shows open/incomplete when I check my VIN on both the NHTSA recall site and Honda's recall site.

I'm not surprised by the result from the NHTSA site, but am surprised that Honda's electronic systems aren't more synchronized real-time to reflect a completed recall. I wonder if Honda only updates the information in batches, or if there's a manual element to logging the recall that lags when repair is done on weekend.

I plan to keep checking out of curiosity on how/when it updates (plus to ensure that my VIN gets marked as completed).

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,758 Posts
It's ~24 hours since recall was completed, and I decided to re-check VIN status. It still shows open/incomplete when I check my VIN on both the NHTSA recall site and Honda's recall site.

I'm not surprised by the result from the NHTSA site, but am surprised that Honda's electronic systems aren't more synchronized real-time to reflect a completed recall. I wonder if Honda only updates the information in batches, or if there's a manual element to logging the recall that lags when repair is done on weekend.

I plan to keep checking out of curiosity on how/when it updates (plus to ensure that my VIN gets marked as completed).
It took a few days for mine to be mark as completed.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,758 Posts
Did the NHTSA and Honda site update simultaneously, or did one update before the other?
I didn't check the NHTSA website. On the HondaLink app the recall alert disappeared after a few days. I guess that's when the Honda site updated, too.

·
Administrator
4,254 Posts
So... 6 calendar days (4 business days) later, my VIN is still listed as open/incomplete for the recall repair on both the Honda and NHTSA sites. If it hits 2 weeks (10 business days), I'll assume it was missed and will get it updated on my own.

Also no issues or anything unusual after taking the car for longer drive to both test things further and ensure the 12V battery is charged back up from any accessory drain.

·
Administrator
4,254 Posts
So... 6 calendar days (4 business days) later, my VIN is still listed as open/incomplete for the recall repair on both the Honda and NHTSA sites. If it hits 2 weeks (10 business days), I'll assume it was missed and will get it updated on my own.
Recall notice is now showing closed on both the Honda Owners and NHTSA sites, 1 week after repair was completed.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
1,285 Posts
Recall notice is now showing closed on both the Honda Owners and NHTSA sites, 1 week after repair was completed.
I/T batch jobs must run over the weekend 😁

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ahead of the appointment, I was told to ensure the gas tank was at/below half. But I definitely over-prepared for this recall - including running down tank to "low 4" (high 3) bars of fuel level, calling 2 days ahead to confirm the recall part and specialized 'fuel sender wrench' were on-site, quoting to the Service Advisor the highlighted "new update" sections of the repair instructions, wrapping in plastic all surfaces within driver reach, emptying all contents from the trunk, folding down the rear seats and semi-unwrapping part of the rear seat covers for bolt access, and cleaning surfaces both before and after service.
:eek: I am very guilty of leaving my car full of crap. Mostly because I've never gotten around to actually installing my tire kit and it just sits in a box in the trunk. What on earth is all that prep for?! I can see emptying out the trunk, but why do I have to disassemble crap and wrap things in plastic?! Is this a car maintenance thing, or is this a pandemic thing?

·
Administrator
4,254 Posts
:eek: I am very guilty of leaving my car full of crap. Mostly because I've never gotten around to actually installing my tire kit and it just sits in a box in the trunk. What on earth is all that prep for?! I can see emptying out the trunk, but why do I have to disassemble crap and wrap things in plastic?! Is this a car maintenance thing, or is this a pandemic thing?
There's nothing you 'need' to do... just sharing how I (over-)prepared for my recall visit. :)

It was admittedly overkill, but it's what made me okay with having the repair done after sitting on it for ~4 months. I think I'd still do the same for myself if I had to do it over again, even though much of it was overkill.

It was a "I-really-don't-want-to-have-this-repair-done" thing because of an "I-don't-think-they'll-do-it-right" thing, so I over-prepped to ensure the maintenance techs didn't have excuses (like clutter) for a job gone wrong. I even considered printing the instructions and leaving it on the back seats... but thought that would be a bit 'too much' (plus I was out of printer paper, LOL).

The plastic wrapping was indeed pandemic related. The dealer mentioned they wipe things down with disinfectant for their own safety, and I really didn't want my vinyl exposed to those chemicals. The dealer still did their standard wipe downs, but did so on top of the plastic, which I tossed after the appointment... and re-treated my vinyl afterward, just in case.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anyone notice their fuel pump is excessively loud after getting the recall done? Or has anyone had any other check engine lights since? 2 weeks after getting my vehicle back I got a emissions check engine light, did all the usual checks already, gas caps, gaskets etc.

·
Administrator
4,254 Posts
Has anyone notice their fuel pump is excessively loud after getting the recall done? Or has anyone had any other check engine lights since? 2 weeks after getting my vehicle back I got a emissions check engine light, did all the usual checks already, gas caps, gaskets etc.
I drove a while before and after repair with radio and climate fans off (coz that's how I roll), and both when running down fuel and after refueling. I haven't notice any noises before or after the repair, and haven't gotten any check engine lights.

Some of the mentions within this thread that mention power and noise issues after recall repair:
- @Bezhan and @Pb42 in posts #4 thru #10 re: reduced power
- @Jc2jw in post #32 re: noise

·
Registered
255 Posts
I haven't had any issues since my fuel pump replacement. No extra noise, and though now I'll be getting fewer MPG due to cold weather, all's good.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts